Welcome to the NavList Message Boards.

NavList:

A Community Devoted to the Preservation and Practice of Celestial Navigation and Other Methods of Traditional Wayfinding

Compose Your Message

Message:αβγ
Message:abc
Add Images & Files
    or...
       
    Reply
    Re: Skyscout: Right Ascension and Declination
    From: Antoine Couëtte
    Date: 2010 Mar 19, 10:34 -0700

    Thanks for your last e-mail Brad.

    So, I had overstated your diappointment in SKYSCOUT !

    Your current situation then is that you are "just a little" disappointed at some of the SKYCOUT features, and all the better for you then !!!

    My only point here : so much storage, so much electronic computation power, and (almost) so easy to make (approximate) Stars computations to 1" , i.e. well above precision required for Conventional CelNav, and they missed this point. Certainly some 90% of the potential Customers will not care anyway. But the remaining 10 % or so - which you are a part of when you want to check star distances - will be disappointed by some missing feature well within reach (apparently) of this beatiful piece of equipment.

    Now, even with the shortfalls which bothered you, I am happy to see that you remain an enthusiastic advocate for SKYSCOUT.

    Thank you again for everything and


    Best Regards


    Antoine M. "Kermit" Couëtte
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    NavList message boards and member settings: www.fer3.com/NavList
    Members may optionally receive posts by email.
    To cancel email delivery, send a message to NoMail[at]fer3.com
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

       
    Reply
    Browse Files

    Drop Files

    NavList

    What is NavList?

    Join NavList

    Name:
    (please, no nicknames or handles)
    Email:
    Do you want to receive all group messages by email?
    Yes No

    You can also join by posting. Your first on-topic post automatically makes you a member.

    Posting Code

    Enter the email address associated with your NavList messages. Your posting code will be emailed to you immediately.
    Email:

    Email Settings

    Posting Code:

    Custom Index

    Subject:
    Author:
    Start date: (yyyymm dd)
    End date: (yyyymm dd)

    Visit this site
    Visit this site
    Visit this site
    Visit this site
    Visit this site
    Visit this site