A Community Devoted to the Preservation and Practice of Celestial Navigation and Other Methods of Traditional Wayfinding
From: David C
Date: 2021 Apr 26, 19:43 -0700
Thanks for the replies. What attracted me to this sextant is the the seller is local so I would not have to pay handreds of dollars for air freight or wait six months or longer for it to get through the Suez Canal. Also the price is in NZ dollars. Whenever I look at buying a Celestaire sextant I first have to convert US $ to NZ $ and then add freight. What was an acceptable price suddenly becomes unacceptable.
I am not interested in a restoration project even though Bill probably has reasonable rates!!! I have contacted the seller and now wait to hear if he understands what I am talking about. There is no reserve so I am tempted to wait until the auction is about to close and then put in a silly bid e.g. $NZ110. With luck the seller has cash flow problems..................