A Community Devoted to the Preservation and Practice of Celestial Navigation and Other Methods of Traditional Wayfinding
From: Bruce J. Pennino
Date: 2015 Apr 30, 22:21 -0400
1. Ebbco and Bris.
2. Pub 249 Sun LTA. (1 page)
3. A rated 8 day aircraft dash clock. ( they are surprisingly accurate)
4. Haverersine tables for Doniol Haversine reduction w/ Ix diagram. (2 pages)
5. Paper back Trig Log tables for classic reduction.
6. Polaris Latitude Wheeler for northern latitudes.
7. Wet Notes and .7mm plastic mechanical pencil.
8. Compact protractor. (Custom T Plotter)
9. 6" Pocket Doric sliderule.
Everything is inexpensive, light weight, and fits easily into the Ebbco case. This is better than just a get home kit. For getting home all a sailor needs is a Davis MK 3 and a Sun declination table to latitude sail with (no timing needed).
From: Robert VanderPol II
Date: 2015 Apr 30, 15:10 -0700