A Community Devoted to the Preservation and Practice of Celestial Navigation and Other Methods of Traditional Wayfinding
From: Frank Reed
Date: 2018 Sep 27, 17:42 -0700
I've added a few more items on eBay that would interest NavList... In order from auctions ending soonest (times and dates US Eastern):
- Octant, c.1840, fully functional, ends tomorrow, Friday, Sep. 28, 8:38pm.
- Connaissance des Temps, 1819, ends Sunday, Sep. 30, 8:10pm.
- Bowditch "New American Practical Navigator", 1854, ends Sunday, Sep. 30, 8:43pm.
- Moore "New Practical Navigator", 1800, ends Sunday, Sep. 30, 9:08pm.
- Arnold's "Lunarian", 1822, ends Sunday, Sep. 30, 9:37pm.
- Campbell's History of Bowditch's Navigator (near perfect), ends Monday, Oct. 1, 8:35pm.
- Peirce's "Trigonometry", ends Tuesday, Oct. 2, 8:23pm.
Here again is the link to the complete list: eBay seller clockwork-mapping all listings.
For anyone unfamiliar with it, Peirce's "Trigonometry" aimed to explain all the math and tables in Bowditch's "Navigator" as it stood at the time of Bowditch's death in 1837. See the attached image for an example...
Clockwork Mapping / ReedNavigation.com
Conanicut Island USA